Shannon Blake the Woman Behind Carolina Creekhouse
Carving out a new space within an established industry requires vision, dedication and grit. CEO of Carolina CreekHouse, Shannon Blake, has all of that and more! In a recent interview, we were able to learn more about Shannon and her vision for Carolina Creekhouse.
- What does the world need more of?
The world needs moms who can balance their passions, children and relationships and have confidence in pursuing their dreams. This is something I continuously strive for and it’s always admirable to meet like-minded women whose interests go beyond the here and now, building for their future.
- What is your no-fail go-to when you need inspiration?
I have a tight friendship group made up of working women and entrepreneurs and we take weekends away to hike and paddle board and literally take a time out. I get inspired by them, their challenges, war stories and successes. We are very honest with each other, always giving advice on how to navigate situations. I am not sure what I’d do without them.
- What is one thing you do each day to start your day right?
I am not a great sleeper and generally wake up before 5am each morning to write down my thoughts, strategize and prioritize. I love it when the house is quiet, and everyone is sleeping. I am very productive at this time of day as my head is clear to make good decisions.
- Name a woman (past or present) that you admire.
Sara Blakely, Founder and CEO of Spanx
- What is your favorite item to decorate with?
I like things that are simple, authentic and that tell a story. I mix old and new in my home and Carolina CreekHouse is a great reflection of new modern material woven into rich and warm pieces.
- How did Carolina CreekHouse come to be?
- What was the inspiration behind the name Carolina CreekHouse?
My husband’s family has a creek house in South Carolina that has survived through four generations. It is quaint, simple and the most relaxing place on earth. In fact, it’s where I first fell in love with my husband Rick. We now go there together to think, unwind and take respite from our busy lives. We even named both of our children after well-known places close to the creekhouse. I can’t express how meaningful this location is to me and my family.
- What is the must have décor item in your home?
This is a really hard question as there are so many. Probably my favorite and most used piece of furniture in our home is our kitchen farm table made from antique pine wood. None of the boards are even and it has great character. So many stories shared at that table!
- What is your personal favorite Carolina CreekHouse FloorFlat?
- What would be your best piece of advice for an aspiring businesswoman, especially in the climate the world is in currently?
Work hard, play hard! When you take time out to smile and laugh, it feeds your soul and mind.
- Where do you see Carolina CreekHouse as a company in the next 5 years?
The FloorFlats are the first product line and in many ways set the tone for how a home can look. I want to build on this foundation and offer other products that will aid in helping busy women make their homes look beautifully theirs.
The Blake Family: Rick, Camden, Rutledge, and Shannon with their horses Sierra and Neon